Impacting Our Local Community
We continue to fund emerging needs throughout Lambton County and obtaining success. We also strive to achieve community change to assist people to become healthier, empowered, safe and independent. Invest in our Community…. What Matters!
Community Impact Panel Review Member Responsibilities
The Community Impact Panel Review volunteer process involves the recruitment of local citizens to aid the United Way of Sarnia-Lambton in the review and allocations of funds to local programs and services.
Community Impact Panel members will review the programs and services, which includes their financial requests. It includes analyzing written submissions and attending virtual site visits( via zoom). The Community Impact Panel teams bring forward their recommendations to the volunteer Community Investment Committee who in turn bring the funding proposals to the volunteer United Way Board of Directors for final approval on funding levels for the period March 2022 to April 2023.
Panel Review volunteers are placed on teams. Each Panel Team reviews approximately 1/3 of the total funding applications received. This equates to approximately 10 virtual reviews per panel team.
Panel Members are asked to:
- Review and become familiar with the United Way funding priorities (training is provided for the process)
- Represent the United Way of Sarnia-Lambton
- Review applications prior to the site visits (applications are all online forms)
- Participate in the agency visit(s) with their fellow Panel Team members (done virtually via zoom)
- Provide input and work with fellow panel members in preparing the Recommendation Report to the Community Investment Committee (done virtually via zoom)
- Complete panel review scorecards for each program assigned to your team (this is an online process)
- Participate in Panel recommendations meetings to the Community Investment Committee (done virtually via zoom)
Estimated Time Commitment = 25-30 hours total between September 15th & December 15th, 2021 (Panel review meetings are scheduled to best accommodate the Panel Volunteers schedule)
If interested or for more information please contact;
Community Investment & Finance Director
United Way of Sarnia-Lambton
519-336-5452 Ext. 5
2021 Needs Target
United Way of Sarnia-Lambton volunteer Board of Directors has announced the 2021 campaign goal for our community of $1,750,000.
In 2020, the United Way of Sarnia-Lambton raised a total of $1,753,000, for which we are so very grateful to every volunteer, every donor and donating company and organization, for that overwhelming success. No matter how small a roll you feel you may have played, it was vital to the overall community effort.
If you contributed to the United Way of Sarnia-Lambton in 2020, please contribute again in 2021. If you did not donated last year for whatever reason, please seriously consider a financial gift this year to help us reach our $1.75 Million target.
In addition to that impressive campaign total, well over $500,000 was raised specifically for COVID-19 related needs in our community. Thank you to those donors and organizations including the federal government for having the faith in the United Way movement across Canada with their Emergency Community Support Grant program