The United Way of Sarnia-Lambton is opening the funding process for the period April 1, 2022, to March 31, 2023. Due to COVID-19 and the rapidly changing needs in our community, we are allocating funds on a one-year basis until further notice. Our current funding priorities are as follows:
FROM POVERTY TO POSSIBILITY
- Housing Stability – housing programs, emergency shelters, affordable housing
- Food Security – access to enough nutritious, affordable, and appropriate food
- Other Necessities of Life – access to clothing, Medical and Dental necessities
HEALTHY PEOPLE, STRONG COMMUNITIES
- Healthy Seniors – seniors in poverty have access to nutritious affordable food, transportation, and health supports
- Personal Wellbeing and Safety – supports for people dealing with addiction
- Inclusion – supports to reduce isolation and create positive mental health
ALL THAT KIDS CAN BE
- Learning – helping kids with financial challenges succeed in school and develop key life skills
- Quality of Life – supporting youth with disabilities and their families
- Connectedness – helping kids develop positive relationships with their peers and families
The funding process and deadlines are as follows:
June 30th – Letter of Intent due (see link below to access the form) Note that you need to fill out a Letter of Intent for EACH program that you are requesting funds for.
July 12th – Decisions will be made on which Letters of Intent will be invited to submit a Full Program Application for funding and applicants will be notified.
September 15th – Full Program Applications are due.
October 12th to November 30th – Program reviews (these may be virtual)
January or February 2022 – United Way Board of Directors make final decisions on funding for the period April 1, 2022, to March 31, 2023.
For more information, please contact Dave Brown – Executive Director, 519-384-9270